Activity 1 WP1 – Building the stakeholders pool
The responsible for this package is lead partner. All partners will give contribution.
The actions aim is to select the relevant stakeholders that have to be subject of the market research.
An inventory of port services providers, trade unions of port workers from all Danube ports from Romania, Moldova and Ukraine will be performed by all partners, each for its own countries.
Also, an inventory of the existing training services providers and of the training courses which address jobs in ports will be performed.
Development of the stakeholders database which will be uploaded on the partners websites to make it available for all stakeholders. Ukrainian partner will develop a website for this purpose.
The conclusion will be summarized by a report developed by the lead partner.
- inventory of port services providers (all partners);
- inventory of trade unions of port workers (all partners);
- inventory of the existing training services providers and training courses for jobs in port (all partners);
- development of the stakeholders database (lead partner);
- development the website (partner from Ukraine);
- summarizing the results by a report (lead partner).
- 1 publication (30 pages);
- 1 ІТ-tool;
- 3 stakeholders database.
Activity 2 WP2 – Port workforce market research
The aim of actions is to identify the existing gaps on the port labour market concerning ports operational staff competence compliance with employers needs as well with employees expectations for professional achievement. A survey of the existing situation regarding jobs in ports and the required competences as well a survey of the employers real needs will be developed by the consultant by a market research in order to elaborate a proposal for a revised framework of required competence for jobs in port as well for new jobs if any. Consultancy with relevant stakeholders will be performed during the research development. Based on the market research results a strategy will be developed in order to create a competency-based training system.
- contracting the consultancy (lead partner);
- preparation of the market research: elaboration of selection criteria and establishment the representative samples, elabouration of the on-line questionnaire;
- collect the information based on the stakeholders database;
- processing the information;
- strategy elaboration;
- consultancy with relevant stakeholders from involved countries that will be organised by partners;
- action plan development.
- 3 meetings (15 hours);
- 2 publications (100 pages);
- 1 questionnaire.
Activity 3 WP3 – Setting a supportive environment for port labour force competence
A survey of the existing regulatory framework for jobs in port as well the modalities of employment of the workforce in ports will be performed by all partners. The survey purpose is to identify if the existing regulatory framework ensure a supportive environment for a competency-based training development in ports. The activities will be based on the documentation on the regulations in each country involved in the project as well of previous studies.
Project partners will develop the survey in their country.
Based on the survey results and the documentation will be elaborated a strategy which will point out the main gaps of the issue and settle the strategic objectives.
A close cooperation with authorities in charge and with trade unions will be ensured by meetings.
- survey of the existing regulatory framework for jobs in port (all partners).A data base will be developed;
- survey of the modalities of employment of the workforce in ports (all partners);
- survey of the previous studies regarding the above issues (lead partner);
- cooperation with trade unions, authorities during the meetings;
- elaboration a strategy to outline the strategic objectives to create the supportive environment (lead partner);
- the strategy will be accompanied by an Action Plan (lead partner).
- 2 studies/publications (70 pages);
- 3 meetings (3 hours);
- 1 database.
Activity 4 WP4 – Project concept elaboration and identifying funding sources
Based on the outputs of WP2 and WP3 a project concept will be elaborated in order to implement the above action plans to met the strategic objectives settled by the developed strategies. It will be accompanied by a budget.
A survey of the existing funding opportunities will be performed to identify potential funding sources.
A list of potential partners will be elaborated.
- project concept elaboration;
- funding sources survey;
- budget elaboration;
- list of potential partners elaboration.
- Project concept;
- Project budget plan;
- List of potential partners.
Activity 5 WP5 – Management and general administration
Projects partners will implement the activities foreseen in the application form according to the conditions set in the subsidy contract and following the call guideline. The project team will perform activities to ensure a quality management of the project implementation and to reach the projects objectives. The project partners will ensure publicity by their own website and 2 events from which one at the beginning and one at the end of the project. The sustainability of the project activities will be ensured by elaboration of a new project concept to implement the action plans accompanying the developed strategies.
Project partners will provide full support to the lead partner to ensure the successful implementation of the project according to the Partnership Agreement.
- Activities: planning, monitoring, reporting;
- Visibility: by partners own website and 2 events in Romania and Ukraine. The press releases will be disseminated by partners websites and on-line directly to the identified stakeholders. 50 brochures will be disseminated during events.
- 2 events, 60 participants;
- 8 meetings, 8 hours;
- 8 press releases.
Expected results of the project activities
The strategic objectives and actions necessary to be followed in order to set up a competency-based training system as a model for port employers and to create a supportive environment for it.
The actual partnership consist of organizations with a solid commitment to support Danube communities development. This project will bring a deep analysis of ports labour market from three Danube countries and lay the foundation for a new project to elaborate a common model of a competency-based training system which can contribute to increase the quality of port services and to improve the perception upon and the accessibility of jobs in ports in order to facilitate labour availability and mobility in the Danube macroregion.
Also it contribute to ensure port workers rights to education and training by developing their competencies and employability thereby providing the opportunity for better career path as well as enabling enterprises to remain competitive on a changing market.